Friday, September 4, 2009

Ekko's Condition

From Maureen,

We went to visit Ekko this morning. As expected he is groggy from pain medication but considering everything he looked amazingly well and I'm sure he recognized us. The staff love him and the vet said he is doing very well. He showed us the x-rays taken right after surgery and we are sure we did the right thing by doing the surgery. Without it he would have eventually been disabled. The doctor thinks he should make a full recovery though it will take some time. They want to watch him over the weekend for any signs of infection so we should be able to bring him home on Monday. In the meantime we plan to visit him a couple of times a day.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi, my name is Barb Mullins, I live in Abingdon, VA. I was part of the initial rescue effort that brought Ekko (then, "Big Boy") from our rural area here in Southwest VA to Chantilly...in hopes of him finding his "forever" home. I am still fostering his brother, Cyrano. The two brothers were so very shy...and we worried for them because of this. When Ekko went missing...my heart was sick, knowing his gentle, sweet personality. I am SO HAPPY to know he is home. I can sleep better now : ) I would love for him to meet his brother again...I will be in Chantilly this month...in hopes of finding Cyrano the home he so deserves. If possible, I would love for the two of them to "sniff noses".

Sunny said...

oh, forget to mention...the dog now known as "Cyrano" is and was "Sincere", "Big Boys" brother. I would love for Ekko to see him again...maybe it would be good for his doggy soul and help in his healing, to see his brother again.
Let me know.

Maureen said...

Barb,

I'm sure that Ekko would love to see you, but perhaps without Cyrano for now. We have to be careful for awhile not to get Ekko too excited. The vet is worried that too much excitement might cause him to try to run or jump and rebreak the leg. But if you are in the area and want to stop by to say hello to him, please give us a call.
Maureen