Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Map From Tuesday Night Track

I got the map of Tuesday night's track, and it's here for anyone wanting a big picture look at it. It's hard to read, and I will add it on to Ekko's map that we already have going so it is easier to read. However, as I was preparing to do just that, what I saw is that it is almost EXACTLY the same as the last track from a few weeks ago!


So I spoke with Sam, and asked her if she accidentally sent me the wrong map, as in the one from the last track. And she assured me that no, this was the track from Tuesday. And no, Salsa didn't just pick up an old scent and follow it around again. She said, for example, that there were spots where they followed the same streets, but on the opposite side of them as the last time! So, Ekko is still out there, hasn't wandered away, and he didn’t turn into fairy dust. But he is doing what black dogs are smart to do – he’s staying out of the heat during his travels by traveling at night. Of course he’s harder to see at night, being dark. The night time travel is safer, traffic wise, but it’s keeping the sightings at zero.

Given that the sightings aren’t materializing on their own, we’ve decided to generate sightings by putting ourselves in Ekko’s path. Yep, it’s time for overnight surveillance, at strategic spots along the track. I’m not a fan of surveillance in a lot of cases, but where there are no sightings at all, I’m interested generating them in this way. So with the weekend coming up, we’re hoping there’s a chance that a few folks will be interested in participating. Any night owls out there? Email me if you’re available overnight on Friday night and/or Saturday night to join the fun.

1 comment:

Barney said...

This is great news. He's a smart boy! We are out with our dogs early in the a.m. and will keep eyes and ears open. Come on home, Ekko!