Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Activity - 08/15/09

Ekko photo.
Friday night, we grilled some hot dogs in the front yard over charcoal hoping to attract Ekko to our neighborhood. (Thanks to our neighbors for lending the grill.) Nancy and Sam stated that the smell might draw him out. We looked up and down the darkened streets hoping to see Ekko's tall lanky silohuette in the glare of blue-white street lamps.

After staying up late Friday night and getting up every few hours to check the humane trap, there is still no Ekko. Motion camera did not detect any activity.
Saturday, Maureen went out to put out some more flyers on the bike path. In the evning, we drove slowly around the neighborhood near the bike path to see if we could spot him.

I think he is wandering around somewhere in the neighborhood or in the parks. Someone should be seeing him.

I wish I had a photo of Ekko playing with his squeaky toys at home. Sometimes I would be reading downstairs and I would hear this repeated squeaking upstairs. I knew Ekko would be laying up in the second floor hallway chewing on his squeaky rag doll. Then he would trot downstairs with his toy in his mouth, drop it, and put his head on my knee. I guess we all need a scratch behind the ear.

No comments: