Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Activity - 08/16/09

Still waiting for Ekko.
We baited the trap with hot dogs, cat food, and Ekko's favorite treats. Unfortunately, there was no activity around the trap over the weekend. We did grill Friday evening and Saturday afternoon hoping to attract him.
The thinking from the pet tracker it is was too hot over the weekend with a lot activity going on in the neighborhoods. Ekko is probably hiding and and trying to stay cool. He may even be nearby. We don't know. Sometimes it takes weeks to find a dog.
Thanks to all the volunteers (Charlie, Sonia, Donna) who continue to put up fliers and took time off to ask people in the neighbor hood about Ekko. A question to a postman turned into a sighting on Thursday. So Ekko is still traveling in loops. It may be days or weeks.
And thanks to PureGoldPetTrackers for the humane trap and advice.
I visited the Arlington Animal Welfare League talked to them and gave them another copy of the flier. They were very helpful and encouraging.

A little bit about Ekko:
I don't know why he likes tee shirts, but he does. And not the clean ones. The first time I found out was when I caught him in our bedroom. He was taking a ripped tee shirt out of the closet, like he really found something. At first I gave him the no command. He dropped it. But then I realized, he really wanted it. I tossed the tee shirt on his head. And he loved getting it off his head. Then I would toss it again over his head. Then when he got it off, Ekko just rolled around on the tee shirt. I then realized that he didn't want any tee shirt, he wanted my tee shirt. It still sits next to his bed, waiting for him.

No comments: